Wednesday 13 March 2013

Happy times with my fellow Clogger Blogger.



It's been relentlessly hot here for way too long.

There is a city full of troppo grumps.

And my small house is full of them too.

But I was happy.

I was catching up with a fave gal.

A fellow clogger blogger.

I picked her up from the airport and we went here, and met another fave to chat about how camping is the bestest ever.

Then we went back to her fancy accommodation & stayed up way too late and chatted and chatted and giggled and sipped tea and gazed at Melbourne's glorious cityscape lit up sparkling. If i didn't leave then I reckon we might have been still chatting till dawn interrupted.

I was reminded of why I LUBS this gal.  She of the solid gold heart and the quietly spoken wisdom. A special special sort.

Plus she makes Australia's BEST jam. Totes fosshizzle.


The next day we went to the Pop Up Patch & were inspired.



I found the solution for my vertical kitchen garden,

Then we headed to the Arts Centre to see another mate chat about things held dear to our hearts as part of the Melbourne Food & Wine Festival.

And then it was time to take her back to the airport to go back to her gorgeous family.

I'm already missing her.

Friends, food and family.

The BEST.

KIMCHI BUTTER:
Yesterday on my travels on le interweb I came across this- a recipe for KIMCHI butter from Jake Nicolson, Chef at Circa.
I immediately fainted at it's awesomeness.
And then HAD to make it.
i LOVE Kimchi- i know, I know- it is one of those ingredients that divides the lovers & haters.
Me, I'm a lover. maybe even an addict.
Luckily I had all the ingredients I needed.
Make haste GG- make haste!
I popped on my super cape (aka my apron) and in ten minutes this baby was in the fridge.
Y to the UM.
It was ready to go on our rare Tuna steaks for dinner. And now I am imagining all the ways I can use it......
NB: Kimchi is readily available at Asian Grocers in the fridge section.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

  • 250g butter
  • 100g kimchi
  • 20g Sriracha
METHOD:
In a food processor whizz the butter till white and creamy.

Now blitz the kimchi and sriracha to a paste.

Add together and blitz till well combined.

Place some cling wrap on the bench(about a 30 cm length.)

Spread the butter onto the cling wrap in a rectangle.
Now roll carefully and twist the ends like a Xmas cracker to get it nice and tight and eliminate air bubbles.

I wrapped the buter roll in alfoil and placed in the freezer to harden.

Once set, move to fridge ready to cut small slices as required.

Here are two ways I have used it so far......
Rare Tuna steak with Kimchi Butter & Soba noodles
Zucchini, Green Chilli & Thai basil fritter with Kimchi Butter.
OMG. two of my all time faves jamming. best ever.


3 comments:

  1. congrats on your nominations. Well deserved! Kimchi butter sounds delish. I forgot to tell you we had yummy tarama butter at the Pressclub. On olive bread toasted wafers it was sooo good xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your fave girls are some of my fave bloggers. I bet you guys had a ball xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou SO VERY much for making time to comment.

I LOVE to read your comments.

Just know that it totally made my day that you made a comment on my blog :)
xxx