Tuesday 28 October 2014

Welcome to GG HQ

I mostly work from home.
Previously my office was the dining table, my bed or the couch.
Or any space I could make some room in......
Often it wasn't all that productive and a total pain for the rest of the family having to skirt around my mess.

But last week I started to create  my very own studio space under the stairs.
It's 'GG HQ' in fact.
My VERY OWN space. Oh my! I feel FANCY!
Totes profesh!
I think I am going to be super productive in this happy place.


It's amazing what you can make out of a few napkins, some plywood, some floor paint, some peg board, a little bit of craziness & a whole lot of colour.
I love it so much I don't think I will ever leave.
It is still asking for a few more of my bits n pieces and over time I will share some of these little things and tell you why they are special to me.
I like the way knick knacks have stories, don't you?

There is also another little plan I have for this space that I am yet to implement but I'll share that too, when its done!

This week's motto is:
"I just want to make nice things, drink good coffee and BE KIND."


Today's time making nice things in my studio was spent packaging up this month's Gourmet Goodie bags.

You can find out more about them here.

I really LOVE making these up each month.

I found this on the interwebz today and had to share it with you.



What are you guys up to today?
What cool stuff have you found on the interweb lately?
Tell me ALL about it!


21 comments:

  1. I love it Ruth! It's awesome. You'll do so many amazing things there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so what did you do with the napkins?? Intrigued

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I was going to ask the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You & colour go together like bread & salty butter Ruth- perfect match!
    Today I went to the library & borrowed Salad Samurai to help me prepare for my 30 days of Salad challenge, then went & bought Katie Quinn Davies new book ( so great), got some groceries & now both babies are sleeping so I'm just cruising around the nets reading great blogs, ordering some skincare & planning blog posts.
    I really should be cleaning the house but it'll still be messy later so it can wait xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It looks so light for an under the stairs spot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. the napkins are what I made the wallpaper out of!
    it was actually really tricky but i think it ended up looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made the napkins into Wallpaper. It was really HARD to do it without them disintegrating but PHEW it turned out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm salty butter.
    Reannon have a look at the book COMMUNITY by Hetty McKinnon. IMO it is the best salad cookbook ever published.
    pffffffft to cleaning.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya Kirsty!
    the stairs are built in the middle of a room- i know- sounds so WIERD.
    we have had this TINY room that was too small for a bedroom (or anything else really.....)but a massive roof space. The tiny room has been so frustrating for so long- kind of unusable really.
    SOoooo we recently converted the roof into a large attic and the teeny tiny room has the stairs up to that room.
    That created the space for my studio. Win. win.
    it has a lovely Northern window to get all that lovely light.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's brilliant! I'd love a space like that just for me. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No way! That is amazing! I thought they were tiles or fabric. You celver lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Off to check it out online x
    and yes- pffffft to cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I dream of a little space for me one day soon. I want a board and post it notes, and a desk that isn't covered in my kids stuff. A girl's got to have a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That chair looks super cushy and butt friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Marimekko...and I spy that naughty blue plate, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i hope you get it! so good for the soul. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. it feels pretty darn special to get a space that I don't have to share. it's taken sixteen years of parenting!
    It was worth the wait. I hope you don't have to wait so long!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What sweet goody bags they are too!

    That chair is so "you". I hope you make many makey things in your super space. x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou SO VERY much for making time to comment.

I LOVE to read your comments.

Just know that it totally made my day that you made a comment on my blog :)
xxx